[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Fix MacOS build

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Jan 25 09:08:22 CET 2012

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 14:41:31 -0500, Rafaël Carré <funman at videolan.org>
wrote:
> Le 2012-01-24 14:05, Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
>> vlc | branch: master | Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> | Tue Jan
>> 24 21:05:22 2012 +0200| [f6587cd61c91fbc3ec8fc055ee907df17bd30b2a] |
>> committer: Rémi Denis-Courmont
>>
>> Fix MacOS build
>
> Aaaah I finally see that you are using the build system, nice to see
that
> ;)

What is that for an attitude? Evidently you refuse to adopt sane and
cooperative development practices.

This patch modified code paths on five different platforms (Darwin, Linux,
OS/2, Windows and the rest), including both revectoring and real code
changes. There is no way that I can test all platforms, especially
platforms that cannot be cross-compiled to (namely MacOS). I did test it on
Linux (test suite + smoke test) and Windows. I did retest it after rebasing
on top of the changes made by others while writing the patch. And it took a
long time because of the build system churn.

I do still make mistakes (e.g. poll), but I do not recall so many
complaints about my changes as yours, neither in absolute nor in relative
numbers.

You however have:
- pushed a change that autoconf complained about (on all platforms!),
- pushed changes that automake complained about (again all platforms),
- ridiculed requests to adopt better development practices on IRC,
- made changes that removed comments or ignored next-line comments about
exactly NOT doing this without,
- used the vlc.git on purpose as your own personal interface to the build
bots,
- refused to stop doing so,
- called me "bitch" on this mailing list,
- never apologized for doing so,
- committed patches that were rejected,
- ignored mailing review comments,
- double-reverted a number of commits, without justifications.

Oh of course as the most noisy person around here, I am the one to
complain the most about your attitude. But I am NOT the only one having
problems. If you refuse to change your attitude, then you really should
leave the project for real this time. Your behaviour over the last few
months is not worthy of someone with commit rights.

http://www.remlab.net/