[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] fixups.h: added an explicit hack so binaries created on OS X Lion can be executed correctly on Snow Leopard

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Jan 27 13:05:27 CET 2012

> Blah.

No matter how you hate it, you cannot target a new fancy OS version and
expect the result to work on the older versions. I do not know any
operating system with forward compatibility, and MacOS is evidently not an
exception to this rule.

You have to compile to the oldest supported version. This kind of problem
is not unique to MacOS, nor limits to missing functions. We have the same
problem wherever we support multiple versions of the same operating
systems.

http://www.remlab.net/