[vlc-devel] [Patch] Various patches for MacOS GUI

David Fuhrmann david.fuhrmann at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 28 09:19:40 CET 2012

Am 28.01.2012 um 00:21 schrieb Jean-Baptiste Kempf:

> On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 05:28:18PM +0100, David Fuhrmann wrote :
>> The third patch disables the "save-volume-on-exit" feature for now, as I suggested earlier. If we want that feature I am happy to implement a user choice later on, as it is done in qt prefs.
>> But I think that makes no sense before the final release of VLC 2, as it would introduce another set of strings to be translated.
>
> Then, just save the audio on quit, all the time.

The point is: I do *not* want to save the volume, because otherwise the default volume setting in prefs is completely useless. Users will be confused if they set the standard volume to - lets say - 50% and the next start the volume will be the last current value instead of 50%.

Likewise, I do *not* want this feature in general, because I use the volume control of vlc only to compensate much to loud or to low audio, and I don't want to reload the volume of the last movie every time. (But thats my opinion.)
But as this is implemented currently, I thought they could be a general interest in this feature, and therefore I suggest to implement a user choice later on.

With best regards,
David