[vlc-devel] [MacOSX] DMG Image design

Brendon Justin brendonjustin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 21:24:37 CET 2012

> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 13:28:42 -0500
> From: Diego Fernando Nieto<diegofn at me.com>
> To: vlc-devel at videolan.org
> Subject: [vlc-devel] [MacOSX] DMG Image design
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm working now and I want to share with you my design for VLC DMG image in OS X. You can view one screen shoot in: http://imgur.com/o62dt
I don't like that 'Goodies' and the readme are only a little bit below
the other icons.  I think icons should be organized in the same row or
multiple rows which do not overlap.  Just my opinion :)

With the pattern in the background, the icon labels are difficult to
read.  IMO this needs to be improved.
> However I have some problems with this image but I think that you know how to solve!
>
> 1. This is my dmg_setup file: http://pastie.org/3277354
> 2. Applications folder icon: I want to put this icon http://imgur.com/666fZ , but I don't know how change the default blue icon.

I expect the Applications folder to look the same everywhere, so I don't
think you should use a custom icon.