[vlc-devel] Some propaganda again :)

"Richard C. G. Øiestad" richard at furusystems.com
Mon Jul 2 18:09:14 CEST 2012

Hi, I am the designer of the current VLC cone that has been in use for quite a time now.

Today I checked out the android vlc and saw some fuzz in its icon (seems like it is built on the vector icon assets for linux), so take the opportunity to promote my newer icon again so if I going to make better assets for android I would like to do it from the newer icon I also created a while ago.

A while after that I had designet it I saw some failures in the details etc on it. So I started on a new one which was going to be better:

Some arguments
- High res. so it would be future proof for retina systems (ex: os x 10.8 expect icons in 1024x1024)
- The perspective of the object (cone) you see the cone from conforms better with the icon specs of os x / android / ios,
- It is easier to create desktop wallpapers and other higher res graphics from it
- the cone has now a shadow the represent that it stands on something

http://furusystems.com/temp/presentation-new-icon.png

Assets for this icon exist

- as hires graphics
- mac os x
- windows
- ios
- android(should I?)

All the smaller sizes is hand alltered in pixels to give it good detail in small sizes.

All I need is a YES and a list of mail addresses of the people that actually put the assets inside.
If NO I will make new assets anyway from the current vlc icon to android spec.

-
Furu systems
technology and aesthetics

Richard C. G. Øiestad