[vlc-devel] Libvlc and imem trouble locating transcode module from raw to vorbis

William King william.king at quentustech.com
Thu Jun 14 07:45:19 CEST 2012

I'm currently trying to use libvlc to handle transcoding and streaming
from a raw s16l audio source to one of the many streaming codecs that
libvlc supports. The problem I seem to be running into is that imem
requests the codec, but not the fourcc and the only codec accepted is
'raw'. This appears to cause libvlc to be unable to locate a compatible
transcode module since all of the modules list s16l as the source
fourcc. After digging into the imem code and how the codec string is
handled, I don't see a way to specify from my application that the audio
fourcc is s16l.

Is anyone able to shed some light on the situation?

--

William King
Senior Engineer
william.king at quentustech.com