[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] bluray: Add support for overlay

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Mar 8 18:24:02 CET 2012

Le Thursday 8 March 2012 19:18:04 Rafaël Carré, vous avez écrit :
> Also backporting feature into 2.0 is needed to develop the android port,
> as 2.0 is the 'officially advertized' version for working on android.

That is a problem that the Android porters created for themselves while
proving yet again overly optimistic. That is not an upstream problem.

We don't backport features into 2.0 anymore. Full point.

Otherwise it is a vicious circle: there is only one new feature, so VLC 2.1
will not be released any time soon, so the features gets backported and so on
and so on. If you want new features out fast, then make VLC 2.1 happen fast.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis