[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] bluray: Add support for overlay

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Thu Mar 8 18:18:04 CET 2012

Le 2012-03-08 12:11, Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
> Le Thursday 8 March 2012 15:59:04 Jean-Baptiste Kempf, vous avez écrit :
>> Seeing that the bluray playback is marked in NEWS and on the website as
>> experimental, and that it is far from perfect, I thought it was a good
>> idea to backport the improvements.
>
> It is not just BD. New features are backported all the time so far. At this
> rate, VLC 2.0 will never be stable and VLC 2.1 will never be noteworthy.
>
> We can (maybe) return to the the pre-0.9 release style, but then 2.0-bugfix
> should be dropped and 2.1 released from master instead. I don't understand the
> difference between 2.0.1 and 2.1. In fact, I don't even see that difference.

Indeed there are no differences.

Also backporting feature into 2.0 is needed to develop the android port,
as 2.0 is the 'officially advertized' version for working on android.

I suggest we stop this madness after 2.0.1 (perhaps with an exception
for OSX), and start developing the in-progress vlc for android together
with the in-progress vlc 2.1