[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] bluray: Add support for overlay

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Thu Mar 8 20:33:28 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 08:16:01PM +0200, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> That is such a lame lie to shift the blame to other people. I cannot find any
> Android-relevant revert since at earliset (maybe) 6 weeks ago.

The decision to shift to vlc-2.0 was taken 6 weeks ago, on Android.

> But in any case, I still find that backporting practically all new features
> into 2.0 is antithetical nonsense.

> I said 2.1 had nothing to offer, which it indeed had not then. And that is
> preceisely *because* everything is backported. If only fixes had been
> backported, now there would be some actual new stuff.

Which ones? Except the BluRay ones, which ones are you accusing me of
backporting wrongly?

The blu-ray module is a new feature, that is very unstable and
marked as experimental and those patches help to have a correct support,
notably of LOTR, Wall-E, Star Wars and Avatar.

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734