[vlc-devel] Lua extension and vlc.misc

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Mar 9 08:38:33 CET 2012

On Fri, 9 Mar 2012 09:26:13 +1100, Xavion <xavion.0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> MC also uses "vlc.misc" in several other ways.  It uses
"vlc.misc.mwait()"
> and "vlc.misc.mdate()" to wait for the new metadata to stabilise after
each
> track change.  Using callbacks alone can't get the job done in this
case!

That is called polling, it is a design bug (in your code) and we have
actively removed those in our code base. We are definitely not restoring
it. Besides, it would be too easy for an extension to freeze the whole
player with that.

You need to fix your code. If you cannot find a way to do that within the
limits of the current Lua interfaces, then the Lua interfaces need to be
extended.

Sent from my collocated server