[vlc-devel] Offer to translate VLC into Amharic

Edward Wang edward.c.wang at compdigitec.com
Fri Mar 9 21:41:47 CET 2012

On 12-03-09 10:59 AM, Eyob Fitwi wrote:
> I once applied to translate VLC into Amharic (my former email was
> eyob_fitwi at yahoo.com, but switched to the current one). However due to
> work pressure I wasn't able to give time for vlc in a long time.
>
> But now since I have quit my job and now work as a freenalcer, I have
> ample time to devote to anything I consider necessary. I can commit a
> certain amount of time per day for vlc. So, if you may kindly provide
> me the file to be translated in Amharic and so I can finally
> contribute something for this great open source product. I really am a
> fan of VLC.
The current translator of VLC into Amharic is Solomon Gizaw
<solohavi at yahoo.com> - you should contact the previous translator so you
can co-ordinate your work. If there is no response, you can grab the .po
file from here:

http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=blob_plain;f=po/am.po

Also be sure to read http://www.videolan.org/developers/i18n/ if it helps.

Regards,