[vlc-devel] Icon mess and osx build problems

David Fuhrmann david.fuhrmann at googlemail.com
Wed May 2 11:31:12 CEST 2012

Hi,

I just saw #6739 and I think that we should fix that before vlc 2.0.2.

I could not figure out at which place vlc48x48.ico is used at all.
For vlc512x512.png, this seems to be the wrong place as well, and we should move this file inside the icons folder. Furthermore, Felix commited an xmas icon for 512x512 in extras/package/macosx/Ressources/icons (vlc.git only, IIRC). Perhaps this icon should be moved (copied?) inside share/icons/ as well.

I do not really know the build system internals, therefore I want to ask what would be the best solution for this ticket, for now?

Best regards,
David