[vlc-devel] Icon mess and osx build problems

David Fuhrmann david.fuhrmann at googlemail.com
Wed May 2 17:02:13 CEST 2012

Hello Felix,

Am 02.05.2012 um 13:38 schrieb Felix Kühne:

> Hi David,
>
> On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 11:31 AM, David Fuhrmann
> <david.fuhrmann at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I just saw #6739 and I think that we should fix that before vlc 2.0.2.
> I have a patch for that, which will be pushed and backported in a few minutes.
>
>> I could not figure out at which place vlc48x48.ico is used at all.
> It is used by httpd interfaces.

Thanks for the info.

>> For vlc512x512.png, this seems to be the wrong place as well, and we should move this file inside the icons folder.
> Nope, it is accessed by some of VLC's modules, most notably growl.
> Therefore, it needs to be in VLC's own shared folder, since it isn't
> necessarily accessed through Cocoa or CoreFoundation.

Yes, inside the VLC.app bundle it is directly inside share folder.
And it also needs to be inside vlc/share/ for the case that vlc is started from outside of the bundle?

When there is really no better solution, it can be kept there of course. But nevertheless it seems strange to have that file directly besides an "icons" folder.

Best,
David