[vlc-devel] [Asso] Update on the VLC project

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at gmail.com
Thu May 3 18:49:25 CEST 2012

On 03.05.2012, at 18:40, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:

> On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 07:33:18PM +0300, Ilkka Ollakka wrote :
>>> - the creation of a technical arbitration committee, to avoid the
>>>   YES/NO discussions, and whose decision will be final, like Debian or
>>>   Rockbox,
>>
>> who would be part of this commitee? I'm not against it as I'm not
>> usually the one doing technical decisions relating vlc core code etc.
>
> This is not a committee for technical design, but for arbitration when
> issues arise (like oldhttp issue or YES/NO on libVLC.so bump).
> It should be respected developers with commit access and an Odd number
> of them. More than that, I have no precise idea.

IMO, considering the small number of core developers active at this point, we might even go with a committee of 3, since 5 might be half of the active team... I'd suggest everyone does a list of the people he'd like to see on that board. After a certain time, we will vote. The 3 guys with the most votes "win", if they are interested to form the board.
Additionally, we should nominate 2 locums.

IMO, it isn't wrong to propose long time contributors who aren't too active anymore for this board, since this would shrink the chance of them being biassed. People immediately coming to mind for this are Meuuh and Sam.

Best regards,

Felix