[vlc-devel] Severe A/V asynchronous with hardware acceleration on android

ScottLin scottlin at condel-tech.com
Fri May 4 11:34:03 CEST 2012

2012/5/4 XilasZ <xilasz at gmail.com>

> Tegra2 is crap :)
>>

> The transformer Prime has a Tegra3 chip :p
>

>>  >   1. Both of the them show the message constantly.
>> >       W/libOpenSLES(1339): Leaving BufferQueue::Enqueue
>> > (SL_RESULT_BUFFER_INSUFFICIENT)
>> >       E/VLC(1339): buffer insufficient
>>
>> Yes the OpenSL ES output has issue. We are trying a new approach based on
>> AudioTrack.
>>

> So far, the native AudioTrack is working flawlessly for me since i fixed
> it last week, i think we can enable it.

Wow, great! Could you teach me how to do it?
Silly me, I don't really know how to the enable or replace the OpenSL by
AudioTrack.
And this change could resolve the A/V async issue, right?

>> >     What devices are supported now?
>>

>> Mostly TI, Samsung and QCOm devices. nVidia is untested.
>>

> I get the same thing on the HTC OneX (same cpu as you, Tegra3), plus a
> weird image doubling, as if the chroma planes are shifted vertically
> compared to the luma plane.
> And as if that wasn't enough, when enabled, HW decoding consume more cpu
> than SW on the OneX.
> So i think we can say HW decoding is not supported yet on Tegra3 :p
>
> I Didn't had time yet to dig what's going one.

This is a regression caused by cd0112a5467a01073964e1d1e6d43caf044aacf2.
I don't know if  the issue occurs on other devices, at least I revert the
change and fix it on my TF201.

Best regards,
Scott