[vlc-devel] Severe A/V asynchronous with hardware acceleration on android
scottlin at condel-tech.com
Fri May 4 11:34:03 CEST 2012
2012/5/4 XilasZ <xilasz at gmail.com>
> Tegra2 is crap :)
> The transformer Prime has a Tegra3 chip :p
>> > 1. Both of the them show the message constantly.
>> > W/libOpenSLES(1339): Leaving BufferQueue::Enqueue
>> > (SL_RESULT_BUFFER_INSUFFICIENT)
>> > E/VLC(1339): buffer insufficient
>> Yes the OpenSL ES output has issue. We are trying a new approach based on
> So far, the native AudioTrack is working flawlessly for me since i fixed
> it last week, i think we can enable it.
Wow, great! Could you teach me how to do it?
Silly me, I don't really know how to the enable or replace the OpenSL by
And this change could resolve the A/V async issue, right?
>> > What devices are supported now?
>> Mostly TI, Samsung and QCOm devices. nVidia is untested.
> I get the same thing on the HTC OneX (same cpu as you, Tegra3), plus a
> weird image doubling, as if the chroma planes are shifted vertically
> compared to the luma plane.
> And as if that wasn't enough, when enabled, HW decoding consume more cpu
> than SW on the OneX.
> So i think we can say HW decoding is not supported yet on Tegra3 :p
> I Didn't had time yet to dig what's going one.
This is a regression caused by cd0112a5467a01073964e1d1e6d43caf044aacf2.
I don't know if the issue occurs on other devices, at least I revert the
change and fix it on my TF201.
> vlc-devel mailing list
> To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the vlc-devel