[vlc-devel] Severe A/V asynchronous with hardware acceleration on android

XilasZ xilasz at gmail.com
Fri May 4 11:45:07 CEST 2012

> Wow, great! Could you teach me how to do it?
> Silly me, I don't really know how to the enable or replace the OpenSL by
> AudioTrack.

i don't know if it's the good way to do it, i just bumped the priority of
the AudioTrack module to 250 (set_capability() in
modules/audio_output/audiotrack.c).

And this change could resolve the A/V async issue, right?

I still got some A/V desync when HW decoding is enabled, even with the
native AudioTrack. but in SW, it's perfectly in sync.

>>>  >     What devices are supported now?
>>>

>>> Mostly TI, Samsung and QCOm devices. nVidia is untested.
>>>

>> I get the same thing on the HTC OneX (same cpu as you, Tegra3), plus a
>> weird image doubling, as if the chroma planes are shifted vertically
>> compared to the luma plane.
>> And as if that wasn't enough, when enabled, HW decoding consume more cpu
>> than SW on the OneX.
>> So i think we can say HW decoding is not supported yet on Tegra3 :p
>>
>> I Didn't had time yet to dig what's going one.
>>
> This is a regression caused by cd0112a5467a01073964e1d1e6d43caf044aacf2.
> I don't know if  the issue occurs on other devices, at least I revert the
> change and fix it on my TF201.

Interesting, i'll test hw decoding on my htc desire (snapdragon chip from
qualcomm), see if it happens.

Martin ?