[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] video_filter/scene.c: write pictures in a separate thread.

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu May 10 16:12:26 CEST 2012

On Thu, 10 May 2012 14:44:17 +0200, Jean-Paul Saman <jpsaman at videolan.org>
wrote:
>> With luck, VLC will it get OOM-killed. Without it, the whole system
will
>> crash under heavy load.
>
> I could set a cap on the fifo, but how large should it then be?

In my view, the use of FIFO is altogether wrong.

>> Also I think the state machine can get into a deadlock now.
>
> Where do you think the deadlock is then? It did not run into it when
> testing this entire morning.

To be honest, the implicit reliance by the VLC project on volunteers to
perform code reviews demotivates and annoys me, even more so in challenging
economical times.

On top of that, you have been active longer than I have, and you are a
commercial developer. I don't think *your* customer(s) deserve *my* time
and expertise.

Please figure it out yourself.

Sent from my collocated server