[vlc-devel] [RFC] transform: add motion detection

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Nov 1 08:41:51 CET 2012

On Thu, 1 Nov 2012 00:37:32 +0100, Pierre Ynard <linkfanel at yahoo.fr>
wrote:
> This will allow getting rid of the busy-looping, variable-hacking,
> configuration-overriding motion interface. The possible issues are
> getting the vout object with filter->p_parent, and not initializing all
> the bits of dst? Also it will need a couple tweaks to the motion lib
> first to work properly.

You cannot assume that the parent is any particular kind of object, only
that there is one.

Also, I think this does not belong in transform because:
- Transform does not alter the format while running. Motion needs to.
- Transform is a top contender for ASM optimizations, that would break.
- Transform only rotates pictures. Motion should rotate pictures _and_
subs.

Sent from my collocated server