[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] macosx: use black color for detached window background

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 22:01:23 CEST 2012

Hey David,

On Sep 30, 2012, at 10:02 PM, David Fuhrmann wrote:

> vlc | branch: master | David Fuhrmann <david.fuhrmann at googlemail.com> | Sun Sep 30 20:46:24 2012 +0200| [568303d7e84c1cb8a66ad694ea82e5fc7b2f4d43] | committer: David Fuhrmann
>
> macosx: use black color for detached window background

This commit should be reverted. Instead, we should adapt the work-around used for the main window. For the main window, we are drawing a black view as much in the background as possible with the dimensions of the split view.
Similarly, we should do the same thing in the detached window(s) to prevent the artifacts you experienced.
There is no drawing speed difference, since Cocoa is clever enough to know that the background view is covered, so it's only rendering when needed.

Why this workaround?

To achieve round window corners. On the Mac, all window corners are rounded except for accessory panels. To see the difference in VLC, click here: http://cl.ly/image/1l2B282Q241N

If you don't have time to do the patch, I'd be happy to do so.

Best regards,

Felix