[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] macosx: use black color for detached window background

David Fuhrmann david.fuhrmann at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 2 23:01:20 CEST 2012

Am 02.10.2012 um 22:01 schrieb Felix Paul Kühne <fkuehne.videolan at gmail.com>:

> Hey David,
>
> On Sep 30, 2012, at 10:02 PM, David Fuhrmann wrote:
>
>> vlc | branch: master | David Fuhrmann <david.fuhrmann at googlemail.com> | Sun Sep 30 20:46:24 2012 +0200| [568303d7e84c1cb8a66ad694ea82e5fc7b2f4d43] | committer: David Fuhrmann
>>
>> macosx: use black color for detached window background
>
> This commit should be reverted. Instead, we should adapt the work-around used for the main window. For the main window, we are drawing a black view as much in the background as possible with the dimensions of the split view.
> Similarly, we should do the same thing in the detached window(s) to prevent the artifacts you experienced.

Hi Felix,

You are absolutely right, and I haven't rechecked every pixel after changing this line. :-)
Feel free to revert or adapt (unfortunately, I don't know yet when I would have some time for this patch). But I want suggest to leave this line for the white case.

Speaking of artifacts, in vlc.git / black style I noticed a black view when switching from playlist (drop view) to media library for a really noticable time (> 0.5 seconds), recently. Now I know why there is a black view at all, perhaps we can find a solution for this, too. ;-)

Best regards,
David