[vlc-devel] Prolem with libdvbpsi7

Grant Taylor zl1wtt at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 17 23:03:50 CEST 2012

________________________________
 From: Jean-Paul Saman <jpsaman at videolan.org>
Sent: Tuesday, 16 October 2012 8:39 PM
Subject: Re: [vlc-devel] Prolem with libdvbpsi7

Hi Jean-Paul,

Yes, I understand that I have two independent Mpeg2 streams. I have been involved with broadcast engineering for some time now. I have been using VLC for as long as it has been about and been watching it evolved over that time.

I have been using VLM files for remapping TS PIDs and IP streaming this data to a QPSK modulator for testing. I can see a lot of potential in doing this with VLC in the future when the cost of IP to ASIDVBequipment comes more affordable. I also in the process of designing a low cost IP (UDP) to DVB RF modulator, if I can see any market potential in a product like this.  I will make all my software and setup information available to all here for any possible changes to VLC at future date.

So I'm passing on any problems I may come across in doing this research and development work. I'm not sure if anyone here has use VLC this way before to build up multiplexed DVBstreams.

Regards
Grant

Hi Grant,

You are aware that you are not constructing a MPTS stream here, but
merely sending out 2 independent MPEG-TS streams (aka SPTS)?

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 2:52 AM, Grant Taylor <zl1wtt at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Jean-Paul,
>
> Here is one of my VLM files that I'm having problems with. As you can see
> I'm trying to feed two IP streams into one. But for some reason the PID's
> are not remapping to what I have specified.
>
> new channel1 broadcast enabled
> setup channel1 input "udp://@:1231 :udp-caching=500"
> setup channel1 output #std{access=udp,mux=ts,dst=192.168.0.100:1234,name="TS
> 1",}

The last comma, should not be there.

> setup channel1 option sout-ts-program-pmt=102
> setup channel1 option sout-ts-pid-audio=101
> setup channel1 option sout-ts-pid-video=100
> setup channel1 option sout-ts-sdtdesc="TS 1"
> setup channel1 option sout-ts-netid=40
> control channel1 play
>
> new channel2 broadcast enabled
> setup channel2 input "udp://@:1232 :udp-caching=500"
> setup channel2 output #std{access=udp,mux=ts,dst=192.168.0.100:1234,name="TS
> 2",}

idem

> setup channel2 option sout-ts-program-pmt=202
> setup channel2 option sout-ts-pid-audio=201
> setup channel2 option sout-ts-pid-video=200
> setup channel2 option sout-ts-sdtdesc="TS 2"
> setup channel2 option sout-ts-netid=40
> control channel2 play

I will comment on the working later when I actually done some testing.

Kind regards,

Jean-Paul Saman.