[vlc-devel] How to slow down the demuxer?

Denis Charmet typx at dinauz.org
Wed Oct 24 19:34:22 CEST 2012

Hi,

Le mercredi 24 octobre 2012 à 02:04:37, Frédéric Yhuel a écrit :
>     es_out_Control( p_demux->out, ES_OUT_SET_PCR, VLC_TS_0 + p_sys->i_pcr );
>
> I don't really understand how this mechanism works, but the fact is
> that it doesn't work well with Smooth Streaming (implemented as a
> demuxer).

Laurent will correct me if I'm wrong but ES_OUT_PCR is the only function
that pace your demux calls. Ideally ES_OUT_PCR should be the minimum
timestamp where all your timestamps can be decoded. That's why, in many
demux modules it's called as the min dts of every elementary stream
demuxed.

--
TypX
Le mauvais esprit est un art de vivre