[vlc-devel] Rotate AVI file via ActiveX control from Matlab

Daniel Karlsson dmk85 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 30 15:41:19 CET 2012

Hello,
I would like to control VideoLAN player via the activeX control from Matlab. I have managed to load, start and stop the file without problem.
However, the video is recorded in rotated mode so I would like to rotate it 90 degress. Is that possible to do so via the activeX interface from matlab?

The plugin seems to support it according to http://www.videolan.org/doc/play-howto/en/ch04.html#id590476 (under Video transformation filter) but I don't know how to write the correct syntax in matlab. Can you help me?

I am using VLC 2.0.4 (64 bits experimental) for Windows.

This is the code I have used to call it from matlab (no error printouts are given but the video is not rotated):

f=figure;
vlc=actxcontrol('VideoLAN.VlcPlugin.2','parent',f);

filepath = 'C:\testvideo.avi';
filepath(filepath=='\') = '/';
filepath = ['file://localhost/' filepath];

options = {':video-filter=transform --transform-type=90}; % I have tried replacing video-filter with vout-filter as well

vlc.playlist.add(filepath,options);

vlc.playlist.play()

vlc.video.deinterlace.enable('x');

Regards,