[vlc-devel] libvlc_media_add_option problem in 2.0.3

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Sep 3 11:15:03 CEST 2012

   Hello,

Le jeudi 30 août 2012 03:57:36, LANGLOIS Olivier PIS -EXT a écrit :
> I was using
>
>                 libvlc_media_add_option(lMedia, "video-x=0");
>                 libvlc_media_add_option(lMedia, "video-y=0");
>                 libvlc_media_add_option(lMedia, "width=320");
>                 libvlc_media_add_option(lMedia, "height=200");
>
> and on any video, the source format was setting my window properties. To
> fix the problem, I did modify src/input/input.c, function Create():

The video output outlives the input, thus there cannot be video output
parameters per inputs.

Your hack makes some generally incorrect assumptions. It might work for your
specific use case, but unfortunately, it will easily break in practice. For
example, settings from the previous item will be passed onto the next item,
unless explicitly overriden. Normally, the next item should inherit the
defaults.

http://www.remlab.net/