[vlc-devel] libvlc_media_add_option problem in 2.0.3

LANGLOIS Olivier PIS -EXT olivier.pis.langlois at transport.alstom.com
Tue Sep 4 19:33:17 CEST 2012

Remi,

You have valid concerns. How would you suggest that the problem solution be improved?

I havent checked code diff between 2.0.2 and 2.0.3 but setting windows properties were still working fine in 2.0.2. I'm suspecting that letting the media player creating the properties object is a new addition while it was always created by the input object before.

I did considered placing the the media options processing to the parent object of the properties object and in this case that would mean the media player object. However I did hit a wall because of the libvlc/vlccore separation. Hence I decided to "hack" something that would keep to a minimum the required changes.

That being said, I'm lacking historical context about recent vlc changes to determine the best location to fix the problem. Hopefully, someone in this list will be able to contribute with his knowledge.