[vlc-devel] Issue with full-screen in VLC 2.x

Ron Frederick ronf at timeheart.net
Mon Sep 3 18:38:43 CEST 2012

Hello,

I recently upgraded from VLC 1.1.12 to 2.0.3 on MacOS X. One of the things I noticed with this upgrade is that the "full-screen" setting is no longer preserved when playback of one file ends and another is started. After each playback is complete, VLC does the animation showing that it is leaving full-screen just as playback ends and the next playback is done in a window, even when the preferences are set to play full-screen. This happens even when the option "Show video within the main window" is shut off.

Is there any way to get back the old behavior where video playback always begins in full-screen? I am driving VLC from "Remote Buddy", and I really don't want the main interface window at all. I just want full-screen playback on the monitor I have selected whenever a new file is opened. As a workaround for now, I have added a button on my remote to toggle full-screen back on, but I'd really prefer not to have to do that every time.

Thanks for listening -- VLC is an excellent player. :)
--
Ron Frederick
ronf at timeheart.net