[vlc-devel] Issue with full-screen in VLC 2.x

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 19:46:27 CEST 2012

Hello again :-)

On 03.09.2012, at 18:38, Ron Frederick wrote:

> I recently upgraded from VLC 1.1.12 to 2.0.3 on MacOS X. One of the things I noticed with this upgrade is that the "full-screen" setting is no longer preserved when playback of one file ends and another is started.
To my surprise, I just reproduced this issue. It obviously stays in fullscreen if you're playing multiple items in a row. However, as soon as an item stops, you're going back to windowed mode and you dragging another file in, it will play in windowed mode instead of fullscreen.
Obviously, this is wrong.

Would you mind filing a ticket about this on http://trac.videolan.org/vlc? You don't need to register. Any OpenID login (like Google, Yahoo…) will work.

> This happens even when the option "Show video within the main window" is shut off.
This option is not related to the described issue.

> Is there any way to get back the old behavior where video playback always begins in full-screen?
Well, sure, by fixing the bug. It should be fairly straight forward, but I need to double-check on VLC's behavior on other platforms.

> I am driving VLC from "Remote Buddy", and I really don't want the main interface window at all. I just want full-screen playback on the monitor I have selected whenever a new file is opened. As a workaround for now, I have added a button on my remote to toggle full-screen back on, but I'd really prefer not to have to do that every time.
ok.

Best regards,

Felix

--