[vlc-devel] Exposing vlc supported file extensions/types.

Mark Lee mark.lee at capricasoftware.co.uk
Wed Sep 5 19:02:24 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 5 September 2012 11:22, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 10:24:07AM +0100, Mark Lee wrote :
> > Rather than maintaining my own possibly out of date copies of vlc
> supported
> > file extensions, I would like to get them via libvlc instead. The use
> case
> > is the same as for the file open dialog in the vlc application.
>
> Yes.
>
> If you are doing something, please make it cleverly generable, so that
> we can have ONE list that we can process through autoshit to make it
> work with qt/macos, vlc.nsi, etc...

I was proposing simply to expose the already existing file extension
#defines, but I think you're asking for something new and more
comprehensive.

Maybe with some more hints I can do something on this but I'm so far out of
my comfort zone already I really wouldn't know where to start implementing
what you're suggesting. :(

Oh, and images...