[vlc-devel] libvlc_media_add_option problem in 2.0.3

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Sep 14 10:33:01 CEST 2012


Le mardi 4 septembre 2012 20:33:17, LANGLOIS Olivier PIS -EXT a écrit :
> You have valid concerns. How would you suggest that the problem solution be
> improved?

I don't have specific suggestions. I don't think there is any simple way to 
accomodate both reuse of the video output and per-item video-related options.

> I havent checked code diff between 2.0.2 and 2.0.3 but setting windows
> properties were still working fine in 2.0.2. I'm suspecting that letting
> the media player creating the properties object is a new addition while it
> was always created by the input object before.

Weird. git-bisect is your friend.

> I did considered placing the the media options processing to the parent
> object of the properties object and in this case that would mean the media
> player object. However I did hit a wall because of the libvlc/vlccore
> separation. Hence I decided to "hack" something that would keep to a
> minimum the required changes.

Same thing. The parent object is the playlist, VLM or the LibVLC media player. 
Either way, the parent object of the input thread object survives the input 
thread. Input item options shall not survive their input item, so that would 
not work properly.

> That being said, I'm lacking historical context about recent vlc changes to
> determine the best location to fix the problem. Hopefully, someone in this
> list will be able to contribute with his knowledge.

Rémi Denis-Courmont

More information about the vlc-devel mailing list