[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] vdpau: link against VDPAU_LIBS

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Aug 2 17:29:52 CEST 2013

   Hey,

Le vendredi 2 août 2013 16:57:04 Denis Charmet a écrit :
> Le vendredi 02 août 2013 à 05:38:46, Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
> > I think we have been quite clear about that indeed and I deny insultig
> > anyone.
> How would you feel if someone called you an idiot?

If I had been caught red handed doing something idiotic, I would feel ashamed
and lay low for a while.

> > And we also have no rules against hypocrisy.
>
> You could disagree without tact.

I save tact (or the little that I have anyway) to people who act tactfully to
me. I don't consider Jean-Paul reckless use of the VCS has showing much tact
and respect to the rest of the developers commuity, and especially not to the
original author of the code (that being _me_).

> > Idiocy is the only possible explanation I can conceive at this point.
> > Actually, being a complete jerk that commits crap on purpose would be
> > another reason to do this, but I refuse to consider this possibility.
>
> You forget ignorance maybe,

No I don't. After so many iteration of the same complaint, and excluding
deliberate malvolence, I can only attribute ignoring the complaint to idiocy.

> the build system isn't obvious.

This hardly has anything to do with the build system. And it is not the first
time Jean-Paul makes nearly identical nonsensical change.

> You may be pissed for some reasons OK, but please stay constructive when
> you disagree.

No thank you. Been there done that. Jean-Paul has proven oblivious to any
feedback, whether constructive or not. This is a waste of my, your and
everybody else's time.

If I wanted to be really picky, I would argue it is an insult to my continued
dedication to the project. And on top of that, I must say that I find it
insulting to claim that my Makefile is wrong, and pretend to fix it, when it is
in fact correct.

> "MORONIC CRAP" doesn't count as a valid argument.

It is not argument and never tried to be.

The reason is that the commit is *wholly* *wrong*. I painstakingly made
libvdpau not needed at link time. So there you have it, this commit is moronic
crap.

Regards,

http://www.remlab.net/