[vlc-devel] Patches related to Podcasts playing in VLC-Android

Edward Wang edward.c.wang at compdigitec.com
Wed Aug 7 18:13:52 CEST 2013

On 2013-08-07 07:07, Felix Saz <felix.saz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello:
> I attached patches related with Podcasts playing in VLC-Android.
> Regards!

Hello,

Some overall comments:

1) Please take a look at the existing RSS parser used in VLC, located at
modules/demux/playlist/podcast.c. Use the existing demuxer for RSS
parsing to prevent code duplication.

2) For the service, I think it will not be needed after you use the VLC
demuxer. So idem above and try to remove this additional service.

3) VLC code in general is indented using 4 spaces.

4) The official language for VLC development is _English_; therefore,
all source code comments and debug statements should be written in English.

Once you have dealt with these important points we can perform a
detailed review.

Thanks,
         Edward Wang