[vlc-devel] iOS HLS

Konrad mail at chernowii.com
Wed Aug 14 18:29:38 CEST 2013

Hey Felix.
If you write http://web.com/file.m3u8 or http://localhost:8080/file.m3u8 on iOS safari, it will show you the live video with the iOS viewer (you told me that, and I use that for live preview of GoPro on my app, I am 14 yr old, what else I can do?)
So, there are 2 things you can do:
             -in VLC iOS open url: auto recognition of format (mp4, mov, m3u8) when is a live format (m3u8), open with iOS Apple viewer. Bad story
             -Harald Meyer (http://tequnique.com) has "embed" the m3u8 live preview of GoPro with no controllers, just the image. Contact him.
              This is a screenshot of Harald Meyer's app, a naked embed m3u8 HLS preview on iOS iPhone: