[vlc-devel] Frustration, opinions and life, Was: src: Fix for Mac OS X filesystem filename encoding

Ilkka Ollakka ileoo at videolan.org
Wed Aug 28 13:24:25 CEST 2013

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 01:00:55PM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> On 28 Aug, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> > Neither is OK. When you are proven wrong, either you shut up (what I
> > usually do), or you admit it. This is even what Etix blamed me for not
> > doing! And yet, instead of admitting their mistake he and JB raised the
> > stakes.

I would prefer admiting it compared to shutting up.

> Admitting what mistake? That the patch was working?

I think thread is starting to be quite a lot in off-topic already

> You _prefer_ not exporting more lua functions, that's an opinion. You
> think it is cleaner this way, I completly disagree. But that's an
> opinion.

Opinions are now shared, Rémis opinion was that you could do the patch
functionality with already existing stuff and the api shouldn't be
extended too much because of that.

Etix had patch that fixed test cases he had and seemed to work and
didn't directly understand Rémis comment why it was bad.

It took a while thread to get there and now we are here with frustrated
participants. I'll change the subject as from now on this thread doesn't
really relate anymore to current subject.

I don't think at this point there is any need to point fingers, as that
already done (unless you want to point out what you maybe could have
done better).

--
Ilkka Ollakka
Be both a speaker of words and a doer of deeds.