[vlc-devel] Bounty tasks details request

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun Dec 22 20:43:28 CET 2013

Le dimanche 22 décembre 2013, 20:14:32 Gilles Chanteperdrix a écrit :
> I do not rely on that. I use that information if I get it. The problem
> with multiple SETUP behind the same NAT IP only exists if the server
> sends the same stream with the same SSRC to multiple clients,

The client is only supposed to send RTCP-RR to the RTCP port of the pair,
which could be used as a strong, albeit insecure, hint of the RTCP destination
port number. There is no way to detect the RTP destination port of an off-the-
shelve RTSP client behind a stateful NAT.

Even then, this does not really work since, from the protocol perspective, the
server will start sendind RTP/RTCP before the client can.

> and
> several clients SETUP this same stream (reuse source boolean in
> live555),

As for ICE, RTCP-mux is only specified in RTSP 2.0, so no, this does not work.

http://www.remlab.net/