[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] auhal: add missing bounds checking (close #10110)

David Fuhrmann david.fuhrmann at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 21:42:48 CET 2013

Am 26.12.2013 um 17:35 schrieb Felix Paul Kühne <git at videolan.org>:

> -        memcpy(targetBuffer, buffer, bytesToCopy);
> -        TPCircularBufferConsume(&p_sys->circular_buffer, bytesToCopy);
> -        ioData->mBuffers[0].mDataByteSize = bytesToCopy;
> +        if (likely(bytesToCopy > 0)) {

Hi Felix,

I assume that memcpy works fine if you enter a size of 0, so when can bytesToCopy < 0, if the circular buffer size is always >= 0?
So I assume this bug might be also just fixed with improved locking in your previous patch.

And if this patch is actually needed: what about the SPDIF callback?

Best regards,
David