[vlc-devel] VLC 2.2.0 Weatherwax feature freeze

Konrad Iturbe mail at chernowii.com
Mon Dec 30 16:55:11 CET 2013

Ok, I will wait until 10 january
Best regards,

Konrad Iturbe
http://chernowii.com

-----Original Message-----
From: "Felix Paul Kühne" <fkuehne at videolan.org>
Sent: ‎30/‎12/‎2013 16:51
To: "Mailing list for VLC media player developers" <vlc-devel at videolan.org>
Subject: Re: [vlc-devel] VLC 2.2.0 Weatherwax feature freeze

Hello Konrad,

The iOS release process is separate from libvlc. VLC for iOS version 2.2 scheduled for submission to the App Store on Jan 10 will still use libvlc 2.1.x for compatibility reasons (confusing, I know).

On 30.12.2013, at 16:39, Konrad Iturbe <mail at chernowii.com> wrote:

> open m3u8 on iOS.

As you can see, your ticket on trac was closed because version 2.2 will support it.

> Import videos from camera roll on iOS.

No, this is not going to happen until we have hardware accelerated playback working. Otherwise, owners of non-A6 or A7 devices will not be able to play videos shot with their own device, which would trigger a huge number of support requests.

> The rest is awesome in all platforms.

Great to hear that.

Best regards,

Felix