[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] macosx: replace all 'key-action' calls with their proper counter-parts

David Fuhrmann david.fuhrmann at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 10:29:01 CET 2013

Hi Felix,

Am 10.02.2013 um 04:06 schrieb Felix Paul Kühne <fkuehne.videolan at gmail.com>:

> Hello David,
>
> On 10.02.2013, at 00:41, David Fuhrmann <david.fuhrmann at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I put these key-actions on purpose here, because of some criticism before. Apple remote should be treated as hotkey actions, so that the OSD display is shown, with the the volume change is visible from the sofa.
> Agreed. I'll push a partial revert for this, while I think that this should be handled by the core instead, so the vout feedback is triggered regardless of core events or hotkeys leading to the requested action.

I agree with that. Actually apple remote events would need to be transferred to hotkey events, or they should be handled elsewhere at all. But unless we don't have another option, I see no other possibility to stick with key-actions.

>> Furthermore, this commit breaks play & pause button / space bar, and the scrolling direction for seeking is wrong now.
> Interesting, since the scrolling direction should not be affected by this commit. I'll investigate.

Sorry for blaming you about this. I just saw that the problem was introduced in core. I just pushed a fix for that.

> I'll also retest the play/pause behavior, since in fact, nothing should have been changed.

You put a playlist_Play in the method, but it should be a playlist_Pause (this toggles pause state).

> If visual feedback is missing, the same thing is applicable as above, hence it should be handled by the core IMO, since it isn't clean that the UI triggers a control module to interact with the core..

AFAIR, the problem with the space bar is that this is no real VLC hotkey, but just introduced by the gui. So I think a proper fix would be to add a hotkey for toggling play / pause and let it handled by the hotkey system same as other hotkeys. (?)

Best regards,
David