[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] macosx: replace all 'key-action' calls with their proper counter-parts

David Fuhrmann david.fuhrmann at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 21:17:17 CET 2013

Am 10.02.2013 um 10:29 schrieb David Fuhrmann <david.fuhrmann at gmail.com>:

>> If visual feedback is missing, the same thing is applicable as above, hence it should be handled by the core IMO, since it isn't clean that the UI triggers a control module to interact with the core..
>
> AFAIR, the problem with the space bar is that this is no real VLC hotkey, but just introduced by the gui. So I think a proper fix would be to add a hotkey for toggling play / pause and let it handled by the hotkey system same as other hotkeys. (?)

Hi,

I just saw that we already have a play/pause hotkey, which should remain freely configurable.

Attached is a patch which hardcodes the space key to play/pause action in core. This works fine for the macosx interface and still can be overwritten with assigning the space key to another action. Would this be also ok for all other interfaces?

Best regards,
David