[vlc-devel] GSoC: Let's fix VLMC

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 11:21:44 CET 2013

Hello Gleb,

On 15.02.2013, at 06:24, Gleb Pinigin wrote:

> How about hardware acceleration of encoding/decoding for native formats on iOS?
This sounds interesting. The focus of GSoC won't be iOS, but this could be a valuable addition. Could you elaborate your ideas on how to achieve this considering that VideoToolbox and VDADecoder are private frameworks on iOS?

> For airplay streaming from iOS it will be mandatory.
Native AirPlay streaming from within VLC is against the App Store regulations, so we are limited to AirPlay mirroring like certain games are doing it. Still, this needs to be tested.

> And also student will deal with transcoding movie to h264 if needed.
Could you give a use-case for this beyond AirPlay?

Finally, could you add your ideas to the wiki page? :-)

Thanks!

Felix