[vlc-devel] How to modify and rebuild OSX specific sources?

Thomas Tempelmann tempelmann at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 12:02:05 CET 2013

This is a specific question to those who work on the OSX part of VLC:

I managed to build the initial VLC with the instructions from
http://wiki.videolan.org/OSXCompile, using the "Build VLC with a single
command" way.

I then modified "MainWindow.m" (there are two, one under
"vlc/build/tmp/modules" and one under "vlc/modules" - which one is hte
right one?), but neither "make" nor "../extras/package/macosx/build.sh"
recompile the source.

So, what do I have to do to have the build system recognize my changes to
the OSX specific source code?

It would also be nice if this question would be addressed in the wiki page.

--
Thomas Tempelmann, http://www.tempel.org/
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/tempelorg