[vlc-devel] error while compiling

vishal yadav vishalydv23 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 05:39:41 CET 2013

I am new in open source world. But I want to contribute in development
of vlc media player. I have downloaded source code and all necessary
header files, but when i compiled the soure code i got the following error.
   "There was a problem opening the file /home/vishal/vlc-2.0.5.tar.xz."
    "The file you opened has some invalid characters. If you continue
editing this file you could corrupt        this  document"
   "You can also choose another character encoding and try again"
help me in compiling of the source code.