[vlc-devel] error while compiling

Fayyaz Khan fayyazkl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 08:29:30 CET 2013

tar.xz is a zipped format similar to tar.gz. Tar itself is the
compression and decompression program. Assuming you are using some linux
distribution, simply right clicking the file should show the option to
extract it in a folder. Alternately look at man pages of tar command.
For tar.gz tar -xvf was the switch i remember using. Don't remember for
tar.xz by heart but there should be.