[vlc-devel] how to include qtnetwork in cross compilation

fayyaz lodhi fayyazkl at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 18:00:37 CET 2013

Okay perhaps my last question was too much to answer. And including
QtNetwork into build requires too much effort that it was not worth
explaining.

Can some one please advise on how to get http client functionality from
with in vlc?

I have been through the modules/access/http.c and relevant files. What i
fail to understand is follows:

1. Http is like any other vlc module qt etc. and can be loaded from command
line. However, this loads an http server module. What i need is a client
api that i can use to fetch some info from a url with get request and
response.

2. I tried examining the source of open network url dialog since
technically it is also fetching data from a url. Some how i haven't been
able to understand at what point the UI triggers the http get. Any advice /
a couple lines of explaination guide line is all i am looking for and
should be enough to get me through.

Thanks,
Fayyaz