[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] avcodec: pass coded dimensions to hardware decoder

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun Jul 21 19:51:49 CEST 2013

Le vendredi 19 juillet 2013 22:18:29 David Fuhrmann a écrit :
> I noticed that this commit broke VDA hardware decoding. Video is unusable,
> and the debug log spams messages like the ones below. Reverting this commit
> switches the behavior back to normal as before.

Fix the VDA plugin then.

vlc_va_Setup() is meant for the hardware acceleration plugin to allocate
surfaces/pictures. Picture dimensions must be according to coded dimensions of
the video. You will have noticed that the same dimensions are used for
software decoding or for copying back to memory too:

    p_dec->fmt_out.video.i_width = p_context->coded_width;
    p_dec->fmt_out.video.i_height = p_context->coded_height;

http://www.remlab.net/