[vlc-devel] [RFC] dcp.cpp: Creation of access-demux module for DCP (using asdcplib)

Ilkka Ollakka ileoo at videolan.org
Thu Jun 6 12:25:29 CEST 2013

On Thu, Jun 06, 2013 at 12:16:46PM +0200, Simona-Marinela P. wrote:
> Hello!
> Thank you for the comments!

np

> > +
> > > +using namespace ASDCP;
> > > +
> > > +#define FRAME_BUFFER_SIZE 4 * 1024 * 1024

> > This could maybe include some small mention where/why it is that amount

> This is the amount asdcp utilities uses for frame buffer size. I just took
> it as it is, even though DCI specifications are for maximum 1,302,083 bytes
> per frame. Should I changed it exactly to this value or aproximate it at
> about 2 MB?

Value is most likely ok as is, just comment on where it came from should be
placed.

> > > +/* Module descriptor */
> > > +vlc_module_begin()
> > > +    set_shortname( N_( "DCP" ) )
> > > +    add_shortcut( "dcp" )
> > > +    set_description( N_( "DCP access-demux module" ) )
> > > +    set_capability( "access_demux", 100 ) /* score? */

> > setting capability to 0 means it is only used when forced (eg using
> > dcp://my/directory) iirc.

> It's 100. Anyway, I've changed to 60 to be just bigger than filesystem
> module with wich it always competes in opening the directory. Please
> correct me if it's not ok this way.

if score is more than 0 it will be used in normal probing of
files/directories, with score of 0 it will be used only on dcp:// urls

> > > +/**
> > > + * Function which parses XML files in DCP directory in order to get
> > video and audio files
> > > + * @param p_demux Demux pointer.
> > > + * @return Integer according to the success or not of the operation
> > > + */
> > > +
> > > + int parserXML ( demux_t * p_demux )
> > > +{

> > > +    return 1; /* TODO : perform checking on XML parsing */

> > VLC_SUCCESS ?

> Not yet VLC_SUCCESS. It will return VLC_SUCCESS in Open() only after audio
> and video file were successfully opened with asdcplib. Or did I
> misunderstood and you were suggesting to use VLC return values in all
> functions? Is it compulsory, even for intermediary functions? (I mean,
> other functions than Open(), Control() and Close() )

I suggested to use VLC return values in all functions. It's not
mandatory, but makes reading littlebit easier.

> No particular reason, I guess. It is not my code there, but I'll ask the
> students who wrote it, to be sure, and then I'll try using vlc xml_reader.

Thanks

> > > + * @return true if the file name ends with the given suffix, fale
> > otherwise

> > typo: fail

> This one I didn't understand.

fale is either fail or false ?

--
Ilkka Ollakka
I'm frequently appalled by the low regard you Earthmen have for life.