[vlc-devel] [RFC] dcp.cpp: Creation of access-demux module for DCP (using asdcplib)

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Jun 6 13:06:34 CEST 2013

On Thu, 6 Jun 2013 13:25:29 +0300, Ilkka Ollakka <ileoo at videolan.org>
wrote:

>> > setting capability to 0 means it is only used when forced (eg using
>> > dcp://my/directory) iirc.
>

>> It's 100. Anyway, I've changed to 60 to be just bigger than filesystem
>> module with wich it always competes in opening the directory. Please
>> correct me if it's not ok this way.

That does not make sense. The filesystem plugin does not have the
access_demux capability.

> if score is more than 0 it will be used in normal probing of
> files/directories, with score of 0 it will be used only on dcp:// urls

An access(_demux) plugin should never have a non-zero priority in the
current design, since the media location always include a scheme.

(Unfortunately, that precludes prioritizing multiple plugins with the same
scheme. The scheme should be embedded in the capability rather than the
shortcut, but I digress.)

Sent from my collocated server