[vlc-devel] Dropped frames despite ample CPU idle time?

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Jun 12 17:41:22 CEST 2013

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 16:38:10 +0100, Finn Hughes <finn.hughes1 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I'm not familiar enough with the vlc chain to know what's going on, the
> decoder isn't reporting dumping any frames so I assume all frames are
> being decoded and it's just that there is too much jitter in the
> "decode" chain?

It could be excessive jitter as the synchronization no longer seem to
strictly obey the caching setting. It could be that the decoder outputs
corrupt timestamps, or the packetizer, or the demuxer, or the source media.
It could be that the video output renders too slowly. It could be a bug in
the input synchronization or decoder code.

Sent from my collocated server