[vlc-devel] Fwd: Re: VLC Translate

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Thu Jun 20 16:54:37 CEST 2013

Hello!

Here I forward some input:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: VLC Translate
Date: 	Thu, 20 Jun 2013 18:08:08 +0700
From: 	Mr. Phan Anh <ppanhh at gmail.com>
To: 	Christoph Miebach <christoph.miebach at web.de>

In the translation for VLC, I found out one stupid stuff.

That is, the translation for VLC, we can seperate at least into two part.

1. For the main interface with Gui display

2. For the console mode with non-Gui display.

Why?

I am translating with the second, and you know what?

They're really bull shit.

Because, with the Unicode of UTF-8 with the ability to display correctly
in the Gui display, but in the Console Mode, the translation can't work
with the format of UTF-8.

For example:

Source: Settings

Vietnamese: Tùy chỉnh

Gui: Tùy chỉnh

Console Mode: Tụlạkdjsalfjáldjflạdfkl some stuff like that - Alien language

So, in the console mode, i have to translate the phrase with just the
latin alphabet not with some extra stuff in the language such as the
slash on Tùy or the question mark on Chỉnh.

I have to correct it with Tuy Chinh, with only the character of alphabet.

So the best solution is.

Seperate the VLC translation 2.1 into 2 seperate part.

1. For the GUI version which can translate with UTF-8 format

2. For the console mode which uses just latin format with a->z

If you don't agree with that, please seperate just for the Vietnamese
Translation on Transifex into two part as above.

I wonder that can you please do that tonight?