[vlc-devel] Windowless Feature on VLC

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 12:02:26 CET 2013

Hello,

On 07.03.2013, at 17:31, Roberto Romero Guerra <beto.r.g at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I want to know if there is a VLC browser plugin that includes the Windowless feature because the videos overlay anything on the page.
>
> I am using the VLC Mozilla Plugin, I have embeded the video this way:
>
> <embed type='application/x-vlc-plugin' name='video1' id='video1' autoplay='no' loop='no' width='430' height='242' target='VideoURL'/>

Please note that this mailing list is about VLC development, not development with VLC.

To answer your question, we will add windowless support in the next web plugin release and provide an API for it, so you can configure it the way you want at web page creation time (so both windowed and windowless will be supported in the future).

Best regards,

Felix