[vlc-devel] GSoC2013 Idea - AirPlay Streaming - Status

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 10:10:15 CET 2013

Hello,

On 12.03.2013, at 09:45, Arnav Kumar <arnavkumar24 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Firstly, sorry about the lack of updates in the last few days. I was swamped with academic deadlines.
No problem.

> For the sake of simplicity, I am working on a simple media player for the iOS platform and intend to add AirPlay support to that. This is just for me to get a feel of it. The media player in itself is super-simplistic. (Plays a local audio file). In the next couple of days, I should have AirPlay support.
Sorry, but this approach does not make sense to me at all. iOS provides AirPlay audio playback out of the box when using the audio output APIs, be it AudioQueue or AudioUnit (have a look at the existing VLC app for iOS).
Thus, if you just want sample streams to play with, compile VLC for iOS.

> After finishing that, I intend to do a bit more research on the protocol using the resource pointed out by Gleb, and others I find online.
ok.

Best regards,

Felix